Resident study for a master’s degree shall all be done at one ALC of the seminary unless an exception is granted by the administrative officers.
Up to ten hours of credit for a doctor’s degree may be completed at the ALC in the student’s own country when there is no doctorate program offered there, but the courses studied must be approved in advance by the Associate Dean of the ALC where the student will complete his or her study. At least ten residential credits must be earned at the Doctoral Area Learning Center in which the student is enrolled.
The degrees presently being offered by the various Area Learning Centers of ABGTS are as follows:
- Hong Kong: Th.M., D.Min., D.Miss., Th.D., D.R.E. degrees
- Indonesia Branch: Th.M., D.Min., D.Miss., D.R.E,. Th.D. degrees
- Seinan Gakuin University Graduate School, Th.M., Th.D. degrees
- Korea Branch: Th.M., D.Min., D.Miss., Th.D., D.R.E. degrees
- Philippine Branch: Th.M., D.Min., D.Miss, Th.D., D.R.E.degrees
- Singapore Branch: Th.M. degree
- Taiwan Branch, Th.M., D.Min., D.Miss., D.R.E., Th.D. degrees
- Thailand Branch, Th.M., Th.D. degrees
Students seeking to upgrade the D.R.E. or Th.D. to Ph.D. degree may study in theological graduate schools approved by the Dean and the President of ABGTS under the supervision of the Area Learning Center in which they enroll for one of these degrees.